Okay now that I’ve got your attention, let’s talk chocolate! More specifically Nomad Chocolate. Yet another incredible small Australian business success story. Nadja Malovic, owner of Nomad, recently reached out to me to create some content for her beautiful hot chocolate range. I never say no to a chance at shooting anything remotely delicious, so of course I said yes.
Nadja’s journey started with a trip to South America to indulge in her love affair with coffee and visit coffee farms but it was a unique and delicious hot chocolate that she was offered that captured her imagination. She was left craving more and wanted to bring this experience home with her. And that is how Nomad Chocolate began. What a fabulous story!! You can read more and see the full range of products on the website here: https://nomadchocolate.com/
Nadja also sent me everything I needed to make her yummy Flourless Hazelnut Nomad Chocolate Cake which I took some pics of right before we devoured it and I’ll share the recipe below!
Flourless Hazelnut Nomad Chocolate Cake
75g of Nomad Drinking Chocolate West Africa 45% Dark
80ml hot water
150g of Nomad dark chocolate buttons melted
150g butter melted
220g firmly packed brown sugar
150g hazelnut meal
5 eggs separated
1. Preheat oven to moderate temperature – 170-180C fan forced and grease deep 20 cm square or round pan and line base and sides with baking paper
2. Blend the west africa chocolate powder with the hot water in a large bowl, until smooth
3. Blend butter until soft, gradually add egg yolks, once mixed add sugar. Once all blended and hazelnut meal and hot chocolate mixture. Then add the melted chocolate buttons.
4. Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft. You can add a pinch of salt so it blends better. Fold into the chocolate mix in three batches.
5. Pour mixture into prepared pan; bake in moderate oven for about 45min or until firm. Stand cake for 15 mins; turn onto wire rack, top side up to call. You can dust it with cacao powder or icing sugar but it is not necessary because it is delicious as is!
This cake can be frozen and kept for 3 months .